Are you experiencing all the frustrating frizz in the world right now? Like a ball of frizz just hanging above your head? We know...No surprise as this is one of the biggest hair problems our clients bring up every year this time of the year. Are you feeling annoyed with it and you just don't know how to tame it?
Have you ever thought what actually happens when your hair frizzes or did you just run for the first thing to solve it? Let's dig a bit deeper to the root cause!
Your hair cuticles are made up of little shingles that protect your hair strand from the elements. When examined under our camera diagnosis, a healthy cuticle lays down smooth, like the scales of a fish. Beneficial moisture from natural oils produced by your scalp help keep those shingles down in healthy hair. But as your hair becomes dry and damaged, its appearance resembles a pine cone: open, rough and prickly. When it’s open and damaged like this, beneficial moisture can escape the hair shaft while moisture from the air enters the hair shaft, causing it to swell and change shape. In other words, it becomes frizzy. So in short Dryness or hair lacking moisture causes this nasty frizz.
These are the Top causes of your frizzy hair right now:
- Humidity-The dry cuticle becomes rough and open for humidity. As a result, a humid environment makes overdried hair frizzy because the outer layer starts soaking the moisture from the air and swells.
- Washing your hair in very hot water- Causes the same effect as humidity. It also stresses your hair and your scalp, which produces beneficial oils. Use lukewarm water instead.
- Harsh hair products-Chemicals or harsh products overstrip the hair of its natural oils. Your natural oils smooth the hair so getting rid of those completely can cause your hair to frizz up
- Heat styling-Hot styling tools always damage your hair, That’s why it’s best if you don’t use them every day. Always use a heat protector
- Overwashing your hair- Strip your hair of the natural oils it needs to be healthy.
- Towel-drying your hair- Friction created from brushes with nylon bristles and roughly towel-drying your hair can also ruffle the cuticle, causing annoying frizz. Use a microfiber towel and pat dry instead
How to tame frizzy hair?
- You can combat frizziness by using hydrating or moisture products, conditioning masks or serums that protect and smooth your hair.
- You should also use mild shampoos preferably sulfate free where possible.
- Reduce heat styling.
- Use lukewarm water for washing your hair.
- Don’t wash your hair too often.
- Use conditioner or masks.
- Avoid harsh products.
- Use a microfiber towel to pat your hair dry.
- Switch to a boar-bristle brush.
- Use a frizz protectant if you live in a humid climate.
- Book any of the below frizz free winter treatments and receive a R395 follow up free!
- Try our Evolution Keratin Smoothing Treatment for 6 months of frizzfree hair: https://www.excentric-hair.co. za/promo/Evolution-Keratin
- Try our Sweet Treatment for a completely safe to use on kids and pregnancy option that lasts 3 months: https://www.excentric- hair.co.za/promo/sweet- treatment
- Try our Botox Reconstructive Treatment: https://www. excentric-hair.co.za/promo/ Botox-reconstructive-treatment
- Try our Curlygirl friendly deep conditioning options: https://www. excentric-hair.co.za/promo/ Curly-girl
Extra bonus: Book any of our Frizz free Winter treatments and get a Free follow up appointment(Shampoo, Wellaplex treatment, Blow dry valued at R 395) because we all know we need a little extra self care and self love these days....