People typically lose 50 to 100 hairs a day. This usually isn't noticeable because new hair is growing in at the same time. Hair loss occurs when new hair doesn't replace the hair that has fallen out. Hair loss (alopecia) can affect just your scalp or your entire body, and it can be temporary or permanent. Hereditary hair loss with age is the most common cause of baldness. Some people prefer to let their hair loss run its course untreated and unhidden and this is great if that is what you would love for yourself. Others may cover it up with hairstyles, wigs, wefts, tapes, makeup, hats or scarves. And still others choose one of the treatments available to prevent further hair loss or restore growth. We have rounded a few of our solutions for you.
Let's start with the Top Causes: Hair loss is typically related to one or more of the following factors:
- Family history (Heredity/Genetics). The most common cause of hair loss is a hereditary condition that happens with aging. This condition is called androgenic alopecia, male-pattern baldness and female-pattern baldness. It usually occurs gradually and in predictable patterns — a receding hairline and bald spots in men and thinning hair along the crown of the scalp in women. Most baldness is caused by genetics. This type of hair loss is not preventable.
- Hormonal changes and medical conditions. A variety of conditions can cause permanent or temporary hair loss, including hormonal changes due to pregnancy, childbirth, menopause and thyroid problems. Medical conditions include alopecia areata, which is immune system related and causes patchy hair loss, scalp infections such as ringworm, and a hair-pulling disorder called trichotillomania
- Medications and supplements. Hair loss can be a side effect of certain drugs, such as those used for cancer, arthritis, depression, heart problems, gout and high blood pressure.
- Radiation therapy to the head. The hair may not grow back the same as it was before.
- A very stressful event. Many people experience a general thinning of hair several months after a physical or emotional shock. This type of hair loss is temporary. A lot of our clients has been mentioning about hairloss during covid, how about you?
- Hairstyles and treatments. Excessive hairstyling or hairstyles that pull your hair tight, such as tight ponytails, buns, pigtails or cornrows, can cause a type of hair loss called traction alopecia. Hot-oil hair treatments and permanents also can cause hair to fall out. If scarring occurs, hair loss could be permanent.
- Environmental factors
- Lack of scalp health. Scalp concerns such as scalp acne which looks like pimples may be due to dead skin cells or oil clogging the follicles, product build up, poorly washed hair is 1 example of scalp concerns. (as cliche as we sound it's true HEALTHY SCALP=HEALTHY HAIR)
- Hair thinning/ loss occurs when certain triggers stop the hair from growing.
- Significant weight loss
- Certain medical conditions, such as diabetes and lupus
- Poor nutrition
These tips may help you avoid preventable types of hair loss:
- Let us take care of your hair loss/hair thinning/hair breakage problems and start the process with our Detailed Camera Diagnosis (Scroll down to read all the details), A Deep cleansing scalp dermabrasion/exfoliation treatment, Deep Heated protect density mask with up to 97% hair breakage prevention, Relaxing head, scalp, hand and arm massage in our elevated massage chairs, Precision Trim for removal of the dead ends, Heat Protectant Blow wave, Flat iron Styling
- Try out our tape in, hand tied weft, clip in hair extensions, toppers or wigs. Have a look at how we can help here
- Lifestyle and home remedies. You might want to try various hair care methods to find one that makes you feel better about how you look. Use styling products that add volume. Shop our anti-hairloss collection here
- Color your hair to mask the thinness of your hair. Have a look at 1 of our color options that could work or talk to one of our stylists at your next appointment
- Look into your current diet and see if a healthier approach could be adopted. Supplement with Biotin and Collagen etc. We have Mybeautyluv Collagen and Intrinsicurly Me Hair growth supplements available in salon for you.
- Use antioxidant serums, sunscreen, cover with uv protective hat when outside.
- Choose a hairstyle that makes a widening part less noticeable. Request a FREE consult to discuss your options.
- Shave your head and rock it with confidence if you ready for this step. Talk with a hair stylist for ideas.
- Be gentle with your hair. Use a detangler and avoid tugging when brushing and combing, especially when your hair is wet. A wide-toothed comb might help prevent pulling out hair. Try our Easihairpro detangling brush available for purchase in salon
- Avoid harsh treatments such as hot rollers, curling irons, hot-oil treatments and permanents.
- Limit the tension on hair from styles that use rubber bands and braids.
- Ask your doctor about medications and supplements you take that might cause hair loss.
- Protect your hair from sunlight and other sources of ultraviolet light. We have sunscreen available for your scalp
- Eliminate smoking. Some studies show an association between smoking and baldness in men.
- If you're being treated with chemotherapy, ask your doctor about a cooling cap. This cap can reduce your risk of losing hair during chemotherapy.
- See your doctor if you are distressed by persistent hair loss in you or your child and want to pursue treatment.
- Medications and surgery. The most common options include Minoxidil and Finasteride.
- Hair transplant surgery
- Laser therapy
Here is some information about the Detailed Camera Diagnosis, So what can this do for YOU?
✔️It is an 8 Step process that assesses
✔️1. Hair loss status
✔️2. Scalp status-This will show you how many hair strands are growing out of the follicle
✔️3. Keratin of scalp
✔️4. Exposure of scalp vessels-Blood circulation evaluation-This will determine how balanced the scalp is.
✔️5. Hair Thickness-This analysis will evaluate how fine or thick the hair is.
✔️6. Hair pore status-Here we check how clean, clogged, sore/sensitive, dry or oily the pore is.
✔️7. Cuticle status
✔️8. Final results-determine exactly what home care and in salon treatment you will need. ✔️20-30 minute in depth consultation
We are the ONLY SALON IN CAPE TOWN that can do a detailed camera diagnosis for YOU!
Sounds like CONSULTATION EXCELLENCE to me.
Let me know if you have any questions:
Included in Anti-hairfall Experience or Investment is R 300
Benefits of our Nioxin Scalp Dermabrasion/Exfoliation and Kerastase Scalp Scrub Treatment:
- Removes all the dead skin cells from their scalp
- Deep cleanses your follicles to release hair that is stuck
- Removes oil, dandruff and deeply encrusted dirt
- Detoxifies the scalp and stimulates the skin’s natural renewal process, revealing shinier scalp that actually helps getting your amazing product into your hair.
- Get your scalp healthy, squeaky clean. HEALTHY SCALP=HEALTHY HAIR
Benefits of the Nioxin Deep Protect Debsity Mask
- Reduce significant hair breakage: up to 97% reduction in hair breakage*
- Anti-breakage strengthening treatment.
- Leaves hair conditioned, manageable and smooth.
- Helps to protect and strengthen the hair.
- Nioxin is the N°1 Salon Brand for thicker and fuller hair with more than 30 years expertise in thinning hair.
STRUGGLING TO GROW YOUR HAIR? Try our Kerastase Extentioniste Protocole
Do you feel like you’ve been growing your hair forever and it just never gets any longer?!
Do you find yourself saying 'ugh my hair just gets to this point and doesn’t go any further?
Does your hair grow but the quality is so poor you just cut it off anyway?
- What if we could offer you 4cm growth in just 3 months?!
- 78% less split ends in one application
- 99% less breakage in one application
Sound to good to be true? It’s not!
With our extensioniste protocole treatments your hair will be instantly transformed & if you commit to our 3 month program you will have your beautiful long locks before you know it What’s involved
- In salon commitment,1 visit per month for 3 months
-Full hair analysis under microscope camera to track progress
-Extensioniste salon exclusive treatment
-Relaxing scalp massage
-Hot Towel Styled finish to your liking
Home Care commitment:-Extensioniste Bain, Extensioniste Masque, Extensioniste scalp serum
Look out for our free treatment mornings which will be happening at least once per month or more when indicated.
At these client experience free treatment mornings we will be addressing a specific concern that you may be facing with your hair and scalp and have the best solutions available to combat those concerns for you. It will consist of a Free Treatment when you are booking for any hair service on the day.