Are you experiencing all the frustrating frizz right now? We know...No surprise as this is one of the biggest hair problems our clients bring up, it's like its a never ending struggle.
Are you feeling annoyed with it and you just don't know how to tame it? Have you ever thought what actually happens when your hair frizzes? Let's dig a bit deeper to the root cause (pun intended )!
Your hair cuticles are made up of little shingles that protect your hair strand from the elements. When examined under our camera diagnosis, a healthy cuticle lays down smooth, like the scales of a fish. Beneficial moisture from natural oils produced by your scalp help keep those shingles down in healthy hair. But as your hair becomes dry and damaged, its appearance resembles a pine cone: open, rough and prickly. When it’s open and damaged like this, beneficial moisture can escape the hair shaft while moisture from the air enters the hair shaft, causing it to swell and change shape.
In other words, it becomes frizzy. So in short Dryness or hair lacking moisture causes this nasty frizz. Have you been experiencing this lately?
These are the Top 7 causes of your frizzy hair right now:
- Humidity-The dry cuticle becomes rough and open for humidity. As a result, a humid environment makes overdried hair frizzy because the outer layer starts soaking the moisture from the air and swells.
- Washing your hair in very hot water-Causes the same effect as humidity. It also stresses your hair and your scalp, which produces beneficial oils. Use lukewarm water instead.
- Harsh hair products-Chemicals or harsh products overstrip the hair of its natural oils. Your natural oils smooth the hair so getting rid of those completely can cause your hair to frizz up
- Heat styling-Hot styling tools always damage your hair, That’s why it’s best if you don’t use them every day. Always use a heat protector
- Overwashing your hair- Strip your hair of the natural oils it needs to be healthy.
- Towel-drying your hair- Friction created from brushes with nylon bristles and roughly towel-drying your hair can also ruffle the cuticle, causing annoying frizz. Use a microfiber towel and pat dry instead
How to solve all your frizzy hair problems?
- You can combat frizziness by using hydrating or moisture products, conditioning masks or serums that protect and smooth your hair.
- You should also use mild shampoos preferably sulfate free where possible. Shop our anti-frizz collection here:Shop our anti-frizz collection here
- Reduce heat styling.
- Use lukewarm water for washing your hair.
- Don’t wash your hair too often.
- Use conditioner or masks.
- Avoid harsh products.
- Use a microfiber towel to pat your hair dry. (we have the same luxurious ones we use in salon available for purchase too)
- Switch to a boar-bristle brush.
- Use a frizz protectant if you live in a humid climate.
- Let us take care of it for you with our Anti-frizz offer. Anti-frizz includes: Consultation, Antifrizz Heated Treatment, Relaxing massage in our elevated massage chairs, Precision Cut, Heat Protectant Blow wave, Flat iron Styling, relaxing hand massage, Precision Brow thread and tint. 90 mins | R665 (Usually R1330, save R665 or 50%)
- Try our Evolution Keratin Smoothing Treatment for 6 months of frizzfree hair: Find out all the details about our Evolution Keratin Smoothing Treatment here
- Try our Sweet Treatment for a completely safe to use on kids and pregnancy option that lasts 3 months: Find out all the details about our Sweet Treatment here
- Try our Botox Reconstructive Treatment: Find out all the details about our Botox Reconstructive Treatment here
- Try our Curlygirl friendly deep conditioning options: Find out about all our Curlygirl offers over here